- General upgrade information
- Additional steps for specific versions
General upgrade information
These steps are always required to make sure that InvoicePlane is updated correctly and the version number get's updated for your installation. Please make sure you read the additional information below before starting your upgrade if you upgrade to a specific version. For some versions additional steps are required.
- Make a backup of your database and all files! This is very important to prevent any data loss.
- Download the latest version from InvoicePlane.com.
Copy all files to the root directory of your InvoicePlane installation but do not overwrite the
- Customized templates in the
- The files for custom styles:
http://yourdomain.com/index.php/setupand follow the instructions. The app will run all updates onit's own.
- Login again and check if everything is working.
Additional steps for specific versions
Upgrade to InvoicePlane 1.5.0 from a previous version
Version 1.5.0 comes with some changes that require your attention. Be very careful and keep in mind to make a backup before you start. Make sure to read all instructions completely as we do not support any broken installations because you didn't followed this guide.
- First of all, make a backup of your current installation in another folder you can easily access in the next steps.
Then, delete everything in your InvoicePlane folder. Everything. You have a backup, so don't worry.
This is very important as many old files are now deprecated and may lead to problems if you keep them. Don't
forget to also delete the hidden
- Now, copy the contents of the 1.5.0 package into the InvoicePlane folder.
We will migrate some of your configuration to the new files now. All actions will take place in your
- Make a copy of the
ipconfig.php.examplefile and rename the copy to
- Open the old
index.phpfile and copy your URL from the top of the file.
- Open the
ipconfig.phpfile and paste the URL into the
IP_URLsetting like this:
- Open the old
application/config/database.phpfile and copy your database credentials to a text file or note them somewhere else.
- Set these database credentials in the
ipconfig.phpfile. The database host goes into the
DB_HOSTNAMEsetting like this:
DB_HOSTNAME=localhost. All other database settings are set like this. The database port may not be set, so manually change it to
Make sure you follow he instructions in the
ipconfig.phpfile if you use a subdomain or a subfolder to run InvoicePlane.
- Make a copy of the
After the configuration is migrated, copy the contents of your old
uploads/folder into the new one.
You can now run the setup by opening
IP_URL=http://your-domain.com/index.php/setupin your browser. The setup will then upgrade the database, migrate the custom fields and set a new encription key for you.
Please notice: if you used custom templates or modified other files, take a look at the following section.
Other notable changes
The following changes may not affect all users as they address specific parts of the application.
- Custom fields were overhauled and are now stored in an entirely other way than before. The setup will convert all existing custom fields. However, double-check if all fields were correctly migrated and if all values are still present. If not, report this bug to the community forums with as much information as possible.
If you used the merchant settings for online payments before, you have to enter all credentials again as
they can't be migrated automatically.
You can now select from a list of online payment providers. See the Online Payment page for more information.
$show-discountswas renamed to
$show-item-discountsfor PDF templates. If you use the variable, please update it. Please review the Customize Templates page for more information about the variables.
- The files for custom CSS (`custom.css` and `custom-pdf.css`) moved to the `assets/core/css` folder. Make sure you transfer your custom styles to these files.
If you modified any mPDF settings or added custom fonts, you have to copy these changes to the new location
of mPDF which is now stored in this directory:
Upgrade from 1.5.0 to 1.5.1
If you upgrade InvoicePlane from version 1.5.0 to 1.5.1 please follow these additional steps:
ipconfig.phpfile with a text editor and remove the hash (
#) in the first line so the first characters of the file are
Delete the following folder and its content as it's no longer needed:
You can now disable the setup from your ipconfig.php file. To do so, copy
DISABLE_SETUP=falseto your ipconfig.php and change it to
DISABLE_SETUP=true. You can remove the corresponding line from your .htaccess file if you want.
Upgrade from 1.5.1 to 1.5.2
There are no additional tasks to do if you upgrade InvoicePlane from version 1.5.1 to 1.5.2